Allied Energy Services
Allied Energy Services will offer distributed power generation, grid management and trading services across the United Kingdom.
Land lease options secured over 3 farmland sites located in the Liverpool area (each capable of hosting a 25MW energy storage facility)
Heads of Terms agreed with a leading privately owned property, transport and logistics company for a 2 ha industrial site in Scotland (capable of hosting an initial 50MW energy storage facility)
Allied Energy Services was created to offer distributed power generation and grid management services to the National Grid and other commercial clients across the United Kingdom.
Allied intends to construct several combined battery and gas fired generation plants to feed the national grid. It will also generate electricity for the purpose of commercial trading to energy suppliers and commercial clients.
Allied Energy’s intended areas of operation include Frequency Response, Capacity Management, Triad Management, and Energy Trading.
Allied Energy Operations Summary
- Pre-planning process initiated on all sites
- Design work for optimal facility layout initiated with leading battery technology companies
- Early discussions with potential project finance partners underway
- Preliminary discussions with potential JV partner affiliated with Oxford University for co-location of R&D facility with potential financial support from Scottish Enterprise (for innovation in energy storage system design)
- All sites are being assessed and progressed simultaneously, with a view to commencing construction of the first facility during Q4 2018